Katie

Katie
Still Fighting

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 9th

Print Friendly and PDF
Well, today I was admitted to the Baylor transplant floor.  It's been a little overwhelming to say the least.  I feel a little better than I have the last two days (full of anxiety), after having a full tour of the transplant center and meeting quite a few nurses and the head of cardiac surgeons (who just so happened to be the guy to place my triple arrow lumen in my jugular vein)! OUCH but it had to be done and I'm so glad it was him, he did a wonderful job on talking me through it and getting it on the first try.  Other than settling in, signing lots of paperwork, having this JPICC put in, it's very quiet around here.  They will start my prehydration fluids at 10pm then Chemo (Etoposide) at 1 am.  I will fight, and I will never give up!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of you supporting me and your continuous prayers, I cannot express my gratitude enough! It is this time right now that I need the most support and prayers, prayers not only for me but for my Doctors and also my donor who chose at such a young age to want to be the miracle in someones life....MINE!  I will continue to update (hopefully on a daily basis now leading up to transplant) depending on how I feel after chemo and radiation. I truly love you all!  STILL FIGHTING......Katie

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to blog tonight. I hope you are feeling a little at ease now that you are getting settled in. There are so many people praying and fighting with you. I love you bunches and hope to see you real soon when I am well. Keep fighting! Love ya...Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie....I'm not sure if you read these comments but I had to add something. My son has been battling same diagnosis since Oct 2009. We started a Facebook page to connect families who also have the ph+ ALL diagnosis.....I'll admit it's mostly for parents who have kids going through treatment but there are a number of kids and families who have ph+ ALL and who had successfully gone through transplant!! if you want to join just check us out under ph+ ALL Wishing you all the best in the upcoming weeks. I'll be thinking of you....our son is not going for transplant right now but taking Gleevec and has had a really intense chemo schedule since oct 2009.....

    ReplyDelete