Katie

Katie
Still Fighting

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day + 15

Print Friendly and PDF
Almost time to go home. It will probably be early next week (like Monday early)! It's bittersweet. I want to be home surrounded by my family, my own things, MY shower, seeing my Mom every day and my sisters more often; but on the other hand I worry about leaving my "bubble" here. I don't want to get an infection and be sent right back (I will still have a "baby" immune system). Although, I will have weekly appointments for a while to continue to check counts and make sure I don't need any transfusions so I guess that makes me feel better. The waiting game is also hard, waiting for all the tests to come back NEGATIVE for leukemia, which will be at least 3-4 more weeks. We've come this far, we can wait a little longer! So with that here are my numbers for today.

WBC's 9.3
HCT 35.2
Platelets 52,000 (my body is now making platelets on their own!)
TP 76%
ANC 7720 !

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Katie. You have come so far and remain positive. You are a very strong person and I pray for you and your family everyday. Stay strong

    ReplyDelete