Katie

Katie
Still Fighting

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Great Weekend

Print Friendly and PDF

I was ecstatic when my best friend for the last 10 years called me Friday evening to let me know she was coming on Saturday....(she said we discussed it last week, ha I don't remember even talking to her)! Sad, I know.  But what a breath of fresh air.  It was a good two days of non-stop laughing and reminiscing on all the funny (and stupid) things we've done.  Sunday (today) we decided on a whim to go to the Fort Worth Zoo!  I walked the entire time!  It's never felt better to exercise as my legs have been so weak  but not today!  Rebecca couldn't believe how big our zoo was, because in Austin the zoo has like 5 animals all together haha (not kidding)!  Then we rode the train around Trinity Park, I haven't done that since I was a child, so relaxing and a perfect 71 degrees with a little wind.  So sad she has to go but I know she'll be back soon enough.  My transplant was moved to March 16th,  I'm kind of glad it's not on the 15th (the Ides of March) lol...the 16th is a good date, Ryan and Rachel were both born on the 16th so that's a special date for me!  This coming week we will be getting Ryry and Rachel and thanks to a generous donation and my sister Jenn's idea, we will be taking them to Great Wolf Lodge (a hotel with a huge indoor water park)!  Surprise Babies!  This will be the last time I see them before I go into the hospital on March 9th to be prepped for transplant.  More chemo, breathing treatments to prevent pneumonia, radiation (which I've never had...yet) then transplant (Happy Birthday new immune system!)  This is the last leg of the journey (tough part) then I will be able to say I "HAD" Cancer! Praise the Lord!  He has pulled me through this far and will continue to be by my side even though I have a little apprehension...(who wouldn't)?  But I trust in Him wholeheartedly and know success is only a few weeks away now!

No comments:

Post a Comment