Katie

Katie
Still Fighting

Monday, February 7, 2011

Methotrexate and ARA-C

Print Friendly and PDF
I started getting sick on Thursday after Mom and I ate at Friday's restaurant.  I vomited from then until Sunday when I finally came to the hospital clinic which luckily is open on Saturday and Sunday.  They determined I was extremely dehydrated and admitted me to the hospital then instead of Tuesday which was the original plan to start my last round of chemo. I finally saw Dr. V on Monday. He said he believes I got some weird toxicity to my A round which is like 5 different chemos. I still get a severe reaction to vinchristine, severe pain in my legs they don't believe is linked to the nulasta or nupogen and I cannot feel my fingers at all at this point.  That's cool because I've had my last A ROUND EVER! Woo Hoo! And in fact this is my last B round ever as well!  So just 48 hours of ARA-C and chemo is done, now onto transplant! I got out Superbowl Sunday, Mom came yesterday morning and "sprung" me. All the way home we saw cars decked out with either Green Bay or Steeler fan memorabilia. The Green Bay people all were nice and waved at us...that's how we deciced who to go for this year since our beloved cow girls didn't do so well. Being at home is nice....I get extreamly bored but it's still nice. We have an appointment tomorrow with Dr. V and hopefully he will tell us when our exact date of transplant is, we would all like to know. While in the hospital this last week, I went through a battery of tests, blood tests, EKG's, ECG's, etc...all were negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment