Katie

Katie
Still Fighting

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Not the best day...but I'm entitled!

Print Friendly and PDF
I feel like such a complainer sometimes, but really this nasty cancer is all I have to talk about because it consumes my everyday life. Every decision I make revolves around it. Yes, I have great days, and yes I have horrible days, but EVERYDAY I have God! Not once have I questioned "why me"...why not me? I believe God uses us in many different ways and what ever his glorious plan for me is I trust with everything I have he knows what he's doing. PS i have overheard some people say they are so tired of hearing about cancer....then close your ears, eyes, and browser and go about your healthy life.....which by the way could be ripped away from you in a day just as mine was. Still fighting- Katie

On another note... My blood sugars have been well into the 200's so I've been getting insulin shots in the belly...also they started my nupogen last night....my legs hurt, but my doctor doesn't feel like I need pain medicine, (um I'm pretty sure pain control is my right as a patient) but as discussed we don't exactly see eye to eye on many issues).  I'll be fine...what 2 more months, I'll have my "new birthday" and wont have to deal with him anymore.  I woke up this morning with severe edema (swelling everywhere)...you can barely see my eyes or knuckles...quite humorous to look in the mirror and see that but I'm sure my lasiks is coming soon haha. My father came to spend the night w me from Austin last night an I woke up to a starbucks....it probably wasn't a good idea to drink but hey, I'm a sucker for the stuff and anyone that would like my drink order, I'd be happy to give it to you! lol still fighting - Katie

I continue to thank each and every one of you for the continued thoughts and prayers and you are all in mine. ! 

In Christ,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie. Keep fighting. I like your attitude. The doctors can only do what their manuels tell them. We know God is in control and you're in God's hands. May God continue to bless you & give you strenght. I wish you a healthy, happy & blessed New Year...
    Your friend.... Lorenzo :-)
    ... How u doin !!!!!

    ReplyDelete