Katie

Katie
Still Fighting

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Second day home

Print Friendly and PDF
I was released from the hospital on Monday, April 4th so I've been home two days now. I didn't really wrap my head around this "extreme fatigue" everyone kept warning me about because I walked every day at the hospital, but I've figured out what everyone meant now. I'm finding it very difficult to stay awake past 7:30 or 8:00pm and very difficult to wake up before noon then lay in bed until 2:00 or so. I will see the doctor 2-3 times a week for the next few weeks or so. Next Thursday is a "big" day. It will be 30 days since transplant and also they will be doing a bone marrow biopsy...probably the only one I'll ever look forward to haha. I can't wait to see if I'm in fact cancer free! I've started to write a letter to my donor. I had no idea how hard writing that letter would actually be. There are obvious things I want to say to him but I also have questions but don't want to be too intrusive. Any ideas would help...(Aunt Sherry???) I have an appointment tomorrow, so I'll update again soon.

Still Fighting,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. You just rest and sleep as much as you need to - your body has a lot of healing to do. Just think how much it's been through in the last 6 months! I can come visit you on Friday if you feel up to it. (I'll call you later)
    Love ya ... you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete