Katie

Katie
Still Fighting

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day + 33

Print Friendly and PDF
Yesterday I had an appointment at Baylor as most of you already know. I still had to get an infusion of magnesium but I was fine with that because I had my sister Jenn there with me, we had good conversation and I was happy she was there for the big results. Then Mom showed up too, she usually doesn't miss anything! The Doctor finally came in and sat down. My first question was what was my PCR (the most sensitive test to detect the leukemia) and he said "less than one percent" my heart just stopped, it had occurred to me what he was telling me....that the leukemia is still there, he left the room to go get the "official report" and I just cried and my mom hugged me and Jenn had tears in her eyes. The Doctor came back and said "I'm so sorry I've made a big mistake, but a good one". Then he told us "everything is negative" and handed me the official report. He left, we all cried...again then Mom and I went to dinner to celebrate! It's still hard to wrap my head around "CANCER FREE" after all the chemo, radiation, stem-cell transplant, medications, etc... I'm so thankful for all the support and prayers and of course my ultimate healer God!


Love,
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer Hill (Buice)April 19, 2011 at 9:13 AM

    Katie this is just fantastic! I'm so excited for you. I know this has been one journey of a lifetime for you. From one cancer survivor to another!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Hang in there girl!
    ~Christie, RN

    ReplyDelete