Katie

Katie
Still Fighting

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Katie decides to Blog!

Print Friendly and PDF
Hey guys, I decided I would "help" Kim out a little as she is so busy with work and her two children to get on here much, so I guess y'all will get to hear some of this from my point of view! Of course while I'm having chemo or sick Kim will tag team with me to keep everyone in the know. This is my first blog ever! The intrathecal chemo I had last week went smoothly. They also tested the fluid around the spine for any cancer cells, negative...for the second time! Yay for that.  I do dread my weekly meetings with my oncologist because I always know he'll have some fun new "activity" for me.  For instance last week he sprung on me the intrathecal chemo with few days to even think it over; today he decides its time for another bone marrow biopsy!  YUCK!  I reminded him that as long as an anesthesiologist was there, I'd see him bright and early!  Let me remind you the first one of these I had was with just lidocain and a scalpel....well there's another instrument that kind of looks like a screw, anyway that will never happen again haha.  He actually had the nerve to ask me " Do you wanna do it in the office or at the hospital" lol funny Doc! Since I had pneumonia (I don't think that was blogged about but that was about two weeks ago when I spent Thanksgiving in the hospital) I've only left my house a few times!  I'm trying to stay well so my babies can come for Christmas and see me out of the hospital!  So, I've learned Wii Fit. I also learned the cycling will make you nauseous after taking Gleevec (a home chemo drug), I've learned lots of patience, so I have now read the entire Twilight series of books in this two weeks, and now that I'm done with that, I guess I'm blogging now. I'll keep y'all updated as much as possible but right now it's pretty boring around here. Still Fighting!
Katie

2 comments:

  1. WooHoo...I'm glad you are blogging some. How were your counts at this appointment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All were perfect, I guess staying hidden away from the world is helping lol. My platets were 250,000! Even after the intrathecal chemo they didn't go down at all! Have you read about rituxan? Um I dont think I want that chemo drug! I know I know I should quit reading this stuff but it is going into MY body! Scary anyway love u, still fighting. Katie

    ReplyDelete