Katie

Katie
Still Fighting

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

God Is Good

Print Friendly and PDF
Today we got the call of a lifetime...well my lifetime anyway lol....They have found a perfect bone marrow match for me!!!! All I know is he is a 23 year old male from somewhere in the WORLD!  To not only have someone so young on a donor list like this is just amazing and I cannot wait for the day I have been transplanted, recovered, then meet my mystery man who saved my life!!!! We were planning for transplant in May or June and now it looks like it will be February! This is possibly my last round of chemo. I'm cool with that....only 3 rounds, no side effects, obviously hair loss but hey GI Jane looked cool right?  Only two spinal taps, and maybe one or two bone marrow biopsies (under anesthesia) I'm good...I can handle the rest!!!!  I'm just that much closer to moving back to Austin, getting back to work at the hospital and having my babies 24/7!!!!!  Ahhh, it's great to look to the future but one man here on my floor just told me..."Live in today, the devil keeps you in the future, he causes worry and despair" (which were my feelings exactly yesterday). So as my future dreams are nice, I'll stay here and keep my head in the game a few months longer!  I feel so great right now! Still fighting!!!!

Katie

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear you so postive! Keep fighting Katie. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel it's just how you get to that tunnel in the meantime. Be Present, live in the now. It's hard but once you have the hang of it, it gets easier.

    ReplyDelete