Katie

Katie
Still Fighting

Monday, June 10, 2013

Finally going to New York!

Print Friendly and PDF
In 11 days, I'm finally going to New York! I will get to explore the city and finally meet LoReNzo! yay! It will be a nice break after a full year of a combination of working, volunteering, running Ryan and Rachel all over the place, and really just non-stop chaos! I am SO ready for a vacation for myself. Ryan and Rachel keep telling me it's not fair they can't go with me; they sure know how to pull at my heart strings! As much as I love them, I need and deserve this. It's weird writing this blog and not talk about cancer. There is not much more to say. I don't take any medications so there are no side effects to deal with. I'm in 100% remission, I only see the doctor once a month or even every other month really, I do still get some cramps in my legs and hands but nothing I can't deal with at this point. I used to constantly worry about relapse and those thoughts are slowly subsiding the busier I get with moving on with life. I think connecting with my donor has also really helped me with the closure of all this. I know that sounds very strange but it has. It helps that he's so open, kind and willing to share with me. Aside from being so sick I probably never would have started a blog! If I were to continue to write, it would be all about these precious kids and our crazy busy life and that was never really the intention of all this. It was a means to keep everyone up to date in one place about my illness. I guess I will only update it every 6 months to a year now or if something significant happens. I haven't mentioned this before but through my blog I have had at least 10 if not more people email me (just in the last 6 months I'd say) letting me know of their exact same diagnosis as me and want to talk or just more info. There were like 3 people in one month which was shocking to me because I only found one person when I was diagnosed and still didn't know anyone else until a year later. I'm so so happy to talk to anyone who finds this and is diagnosed with PH+ ALL. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have or simply just give you hope as I have been through the adult regimen (HYPER C-VAD) and at this point am 2 years post stem-cell transplant from a MUD (matched unrelated donor). Cheers. :) Still Fighting, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment