Katie

Katie
Still Fighting

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August 10th

Print Friendly and PDF
Well, I had an appointment at Baylor today. My numbers are messed up again but "you look great" haha thanks doc. I still feel like I've turned a corner though. There are always set backs along the way big and small. I've been having a sharp shock-like feeling if that makes since down my spine when I move my neck up or down. So next week I'll have a lumbar puncture and an MRI of my spine. I'm okay with that. Just figure out what it is wrong and take care of it and move on! On a happy note, doctor says I can get back to work whenever I'm ready now. I'm ready to start working...part time...to make sure I can really handle it 5 months after transplant. He stopped a few more meds today including my blood pressure medicine! yay! But he wants me to check my bp often and wants me to have my own bp machine at home....my insurance covers it, even better! I've been stretching and working out (very light working out) and I've been getting really bad cramps in my calves like charlie horses that don't let up, so I guess I'll try doing it maybe every other day until my legs start getting used to it. After all, after being in a bed for 7 or 8 months I have quite a bit of muscle atrophy and it's not easy to build them back up, but I'm putting in great effort so hopefully it will get better soon...no pain no gain right? haha. I spoke about Samantha a few days ago, and I'd like to quickly update you on her. She finished her induction chemo and was sent home only to find out that she has multiple blood clots from her neck down her arms. So she will only spend a few days home until she goes back for round two of chemo. She is taking a blood thinner for the clots but I just don't understand how that happens really, because our platelets are so low at that beginning point and the blood has a harder time clotting. But it did happen and she really needs our prayers! I would love nothing more than for all my friends, family and strangers to pray for her as you have prayed for me! I greatly appreciate your love, support and prayers!

Still Fighting,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment