Katie

Katie
Still Fighting

Monday, November 15, 2010

Round 2 of chemo

Print Friendly and PDF
Katie went back to Harris hospital this morning to get ready for round 2 of chemo.  Not much has gone on today.  Katie went for a small surgical procedure at 4:30pm to have a mediport placed for all her chemo she is to receive.  She will have a bone marrow biopsy in the morning and then start chemotherapy tomorrow.  She is expected to be in the hospital about 14 days this round.  She is very sad she will not be able to be out for Thanksgiving.  Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as I will try to keep everyone updated.

Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Kim,
    Thanks so much for writing this blog to keep us updated on Katie's condition. Funny that I only heard about it from Jeff in Costa Rica! I had been checking the caringbridge blog instead; didn't know you had changed to this one.
    Hang in there, Katie: we'll bring you some yummy food on Thanksgiving! Love you both - Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted it on Facebook. I thought you looked on Facebook now. Sorry Sherry. I will try to send an email to notify everyone that doesn't have Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim,
    a suggestion: why don't you put Katie's sponsor number for blood donations to help defray her expenses on the blog? I'm heading to Carter Bloodcare today to donate, and being as disorganized as I am, I'm not sure where I wrote down the number last time. (I'll find it, though!)

    ReplyDelete